During the last few months, I found myself not being satisfied with the strict guidelines of paleo perfection and I looked for ways to increase my food selections. While a couple ideas ended up not being successful for painful side effect reasons, I have found a few that are not only healthy but really satisfying. Actually, I LOVE THIS and would not be without it in my freezer.
Did I say I love this recipe?
This is one result that I will have available nearly all the time. It is super easy to make and vary. You just need to store it in the freezer due to the lack of emulsifiers (that is a good thing folks).
Commercial chocolate products typically contain lecithin and of course sugar and many use cheap palm oils. Make your own, it is super easy and they are actually good for you, in moderation of course.
- Add the first four ingredients to a small sauce pan. Warm enough to melt the fats. Remove from the heat and quickly mix in the cacao powder. Do not overwork.
- Spoon onto parchment paper. Dress with sea salt and any other ingredients you wish to add. My current favorite is coconut and sea salt.
- Cover with parchment and roll out to desired thickness. This also presses your choice of added ingredients into the surface of the bar.
- Freeze. When solid, cut into squares.
- Store in the freezer and eat sparingly
Grade B maple syrup is critically important. It is less refined than Grade A and contains more nutrients.